||Standalone or 1U rack mount (Machine Type 6559)
||24x SFP+ ports:
Up to two optional 8-port activation license packs or bundles (8-port license pack and 8x 16 Gb or 8x 32 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers) for Models HC5, HC6, and HC7.
- Model HC4: 24 ports activated and 24x 16 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers included.
- Model HC7: 8 ports activated and 8x 32 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers included.
- Model HC5: 8 ports activated and 8x 16 Gb FC SWL SFP+ transceivers included.
- Model HC6: 8 ports activated and no transceivers included.
- 32 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers: short wavelength (SWL), long wavelength (LWL).
- 16 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers: SWL, LWL, extended long wavelength (ELWL).
- 32 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers: 32/16/8 Gbps auto-sensing.
- 16 Gb FC SFP+ transceivers: 16/8/4 Gbps auto-sensing.
|FC port types
- Full Fabric mode: F_Port, M_Port (Mirror Port), E_Port, D_Port (Diagnostic Port).
- Access Gateway mode: F_Port and NPIV-enabled N_Port.
|Data traffic types
||Unicast (Class 2 and Class 3), multicast (Class 3 only), broadcast (Class 3 only).
|Classes of service
||Class 2, Class 3, Class F (inter-switch frames).
||Full Fabric mode, Access Gateway, Advanced Zoning, Fabric Services, Adaptive Networking, Advanced Diagnostic Tools.
||Enterprise Bundle (ISL Trunking, Fabric Vision, Extended Fabric).
||Non-blocking architecture with wire-speed forwarding of traffic:
- 4GFC: 4.25 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex
- 8GFC: 8.5 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex
- 16GFC: 14.025 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex
- 32GFC: 28.05 Gbit/sec line speed, full duplex
- Aggregated throughput: 768 Gbps
- Up to 0.9 µs local switching latency
- Maximum number of switches in the fabric: 239
- Maximum frame size: 2,112-byte payload
- Maximum number of frame buffers per switch: 2,000
- Maximum number of ports per ISL trunk: 8x SFP+ (ISL Trunking license is included in the Enterprise Bundle)
||Four fixed fans with N+1 cooling redundancy. Non-port to port side airflow.
||One fixed 150 W AC (100 - 240 V) power supply (IEC 320-C14 connector).
||One 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet port (UTP, RJ-45); one RS-232 port (RJ-45); one USB port (for additional firmware/log/configuration files storage).
||EZSwitch Setup; Web-based GUI (Web Tools); Command Line Interface (CLI); SMI-S; SNMP; REST API. Optional Brocade SANnav Management Portal and SANnav Global View.
||Secure Socket Layer (SSL); Secure Shell (SSH); Secure Copy (SCP); Secure FTP (SFTP); user level security, Role-based Access Control (RBAC); LDAP, RADIUS, and TACACS+ authentication; access control lists (ACLs); IP security (IPsec)
||One-year customer-replaceable unit limited warranty with 9x5 next business day parts delivered.
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 9x5 next business day onsite response, 24x7 2-hour or 4-hour onsite response, 24x7 6-hour or 24-hour committed service repair, up to 5 years of warranty coverage, 1-year or 2-year post-warranty extensions, and Basic Hardware Installation Services.
||One-year (Models HC4, HC5, HC6, and HC7) firmware entitlement and support license is included. Firmware entitlement extension licenses for Models HC4, HC5, HC6, and HC7 are included in the warranty service upgrades for Models HC4, HC5, HC6, and HC7.
||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in.); width: 429 mm (16.9 in.); depth: 307 mm (12.1 in.)
||Empty: 4.2 kg (9.3 lb); Fully configured: 5.8 kg (12.7 lb).